We invite paper proposals related to any of this project's major themes:
• Noh theater outside Japan and the influence of noh on other forms
• Benjamin Britten and Asian music
• The work of Carmen Tafolla
• Poetic, dramatic, historical, and artistic works related to water
• Art, grief, and spirituality
Are you looking for more information about Theatre Nohgaku, or the world of noh? Please have a look at the TN blog for updates, articles and reflections about our work - as well as information about noh music, costuming, performance practice and more.
Theatre Nohgaku needs your support! We’re an international performance group creating new and vibrant works out of our passion for the classical noh drama of Japan. Our love of this extraordinary art form compels us to share its beauty and power with English speaking audiences through the creation and production of original English language noh plays, as well as the performance of classical works in Japanese and to host workshops and educational opportunities for the public to learn more about the world of noh.